Pages

Monday 6 October 2014

My first blog post // My trip to Disneyland Paris! ♡

Hello! So this is the launch of my new blog, and what better way to start it off than with a post about my trip to Disneyland Paris earlier this year!
(As time goes on, you'll find out how much of a Disney fan I am).


(A plaque hanging at the entrance of Disneyland)

I'm not even going to lie, this trip was probably one of the best I've ever been on considering I had never been and it had always been a childhood dream of mine, and to go when I was older and with friends, I feel that I enjoyed it and really appreciated it a lot more than how much I would have if I had gone as a child.
I went from the 9th July until the 13th July, but despite it being during summertime when we went, it rained pretty much non-stop for the whole time we visited; however it didn't stop me from enjoying it. If anything, I enjoyed it more due to the fact it wasn't as busy and the queues weren't as long as I was expecting.
I went with my best friend, Zoe, and my two other friends, Tom and Emily, as we all love everything about Disney and felt as though we'd prefer it a lot more than a stereotypical and very unoriginal holiday to Magaluf/Ibiza, and I know I certainly did.

(From left to right; me, Tom, Emily & Zoe)


We stayed at the Newport Bay hotel during our stay which is only rated three stars but if you're looking for a hotel that is affordable but still very good quality then I'd definitely recommend it! It is also only a 15 minute walk to the park and although there is a free bus service to take you straight from the hotel to the park; however we found it a lot quicker to just walk. Unfortunately there was construction work going on during our stay which meant we couldn't use either pools at the hotel, but thinking about it now I don't really think we would have had the time! If you have a room at the back of the hotel, you also get a lovely view over lake Disney, and although our room was at the front of the hotel, we got a lovely view of the park opposite the hotel. 

(The view from our hotel room - I was very excited that it was sunny and had to take a picture)

One thing that I particularly loved about the hotel was the fact there was a different character waiting for you to meet every morning, we were lucky and got to meet Minnie and Goofy, but I unfortunately didn't manage to get a picture when we met Goofy.

(She was so sweet, and loved the fact that Emily, Zoe and I had our Minnie ears on too!)

Due to the fact It was raining a lot of the time, there weren't as many characters around the park as I'd hoped; however one personal highlight of the entire trip was the fact Rapunzel was doing a meet and greet and you can call me sad all you want, but my heart was beating so fast and I genuinely started choking up as she is my all time favourite Disney princess, and the fact she said I had "very beautiful hair" made me so happy and I couldn't stop smiling all day.

(One of my all time favourite pictures from the trip, and yes, it was my Facebook profile picture for a good few months...)

Although I'm not the biggest fan of big, fast roller coasters, I decided to man up a little big and go on as many as I could, considering the amount I'd paid to go to there, and I didn't want to be a spoil-sport for everyone. My top three absolute favourite rides from the Disneyland were The Tower of Terror (where we met the most adorable guy who worked there; Christophe), Crush's Coaster and Big Thunder Mountain. We actually went on The Tower of Terror about 10-15 times in the space of three days, I loved everything about it! We also went on Crush's Coaster three times and Big Thunder Mountain twice. Another ride that I particularly liked was the new Ratatouille ride; 'Ratatouille: The Adventure', as it was brand new and included new technologies such as trackless rat shaped vehicles and 3D projections. The ride in general was very good and although it had opened the day after we arrived and the queues were always at least over an hour long, it was definitely worth the wait as it's something you wouldn't really get the chance to experience again. For me, the only downside is that the graphics and the way the cart moves makes you feel slightly travel sick, but apart from that it was an amazing ride.


(Zoe, Christophe, Me, Tom & Emily at The Tower of Terror ride)
(The Tower of Terror ride, my absolute favourite)

(The band playing French themed music outside the new Ratatouille ride)

(The Ratatouille themed scenery as we queued for the ride, it was incredible)

(The Alice In Wonderland teacup ride, I actually loved this)

Obviously, I thought the Disney Magic on Parade was amazing, I never thought I'd get the chance to see so many of my all time favourite Disney characters in such a short time, and despite the raining the whole way through, I enjoyed it so so so much, as sad as it seems. (Just a note, the song they play throughout is the most catchy song in the world, it was stuck in my head for the rest of the holiday.)



 (Snow White & Prince Charming)
(Winnie The Pooh - one of my favourites!)

(Rapunzel & Flynn - also my favourites)

(King Louie & Baloo)

(The Winnie the Pooh characters)

(The Lion King float)

(Captain Hook & Peter Pan - definitely had a huge crush on Peter)

(Minnie Mouse & Donald Duck)

(Woody from Toy Story - probably the creepiest picture ever)

(Princess Aurora & Prince Phillip)

(The Toy Soldiers from Toy Story - I loved these guys)

(Elsa & Anna - I loved how much they actually looked like the characters)

(Cinderella & Prince Charming)

(Tinkerbell)

The final highlight of the trip for me was the Disney Dreams firework display. I'd always seen pictures and videos of when other people had gone to see it and have since watched the entire display countless other times since I went. I can't even put it into words how incredible it was to see; so I recommend you watch it for yourself here.





(Unfortunately, it was hard to get any decent pictures of the display as the wind was blowing all the smoke from the fireworks into the crowd and making it foggy, and along with the rain it was very hard to get any good pictures.)

So yeah, that is my Disneyland trip summed up! I hope you enjoyed my first blog post, there will hopefully be more in the near future. You can watch Zoe's vlog from Disneyland here, I always feel immense post-Disneyland depression after watching this. Have some more pictures of the trip:





(I loved these stained glass windows in Sleeping Beauty's castle)

 (Emily, Zoe & Tom trying to pull the sword out the Stone)

 (Me, Tom, Emily & Zoe with Rapunzel)


 (The statue of Walt Disney & Mickey Mouse in the Walt Disney Studios park)


(Tom, Emily, Me & Zoe) 

(The Disneyland Hotel/entrance to the Disneyland Park)

(Sleeping Beauty's castle - this is still my phone background) 

(Tom, Emily, Me & Zoe)

(Zoe & I at the Mad Hatter's tea party)

(The Disneyland Hotel/entrance to the Disneyland Park)

(Tom, Me, Emily & Zoe with King Louie)

Thanks for reading, see you soon!



1 comment:

  1. Comgratulations on your first blog post hun! Looks like you had a great time :)
    Would love it if you could leave a comment on my blog and follow beaut - www.roxancolex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete