Pages

Sunday 29 November 2015

The 1975! ♡

HOLY. SHIT.
On the 23rd of November I got to see The 1975 again in my hometown, Southend, with my wonderful boyfriend Blake. 

This was their last tour with their debut album 'The 1975' I believe, and as sad as I am that that's probably the last time I'll see that setlist I am so so SO excited to hear their new album - "I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It" which is out on February 26th.
Blake and I were so lucky to get tickets for this tour as I'm pretty sure it sold out in a ridiculous amount of time, we wanted tickets for both London and Southend but only managed to get tickets for Southend but hey, one is better than none right?!

I really loved the new set, it was so colourful and pretty compared to the usual black and white and I took as many pictures as I could!
(I'll also try and match the pictures to the setlist as much as I can but I don't think I got pictures for every song?)


1. Love Me
This is the first single The 1975 have released from their new album and I'm so happy I got to see it live.
SO. MUCH. PINK.
Although I wasn't 100% sure I liked the song at first, it very quickly grew on me and is definitely one of my all time favourite songs of theirs, it's just impossible to not dance to this. Even when you're walking home from work and everyone's staring at you which I'm not even embarrassed about if I'm honest.


2. Heart Out.
I actually kinda really loved the colours for this set? So simple yet so pretty!



4. Settle Down
SO PRETTY. I feel like I'm going to be repeating myself a lot in this post but I just want to get the point across that the set was stunning.

5. So Far (It's Alright) 
I don't think I got a picture for this but I'm pretty sure they went back to the simple black and white, playing homage to their old set.


6. The City
For this, they stuck with the old black and white set.


7. You
Back to the pink for this song, such a pretty set for such an amazing song.
*heart eyes emoji*


8. Menswear
Such an underrated song in my opinion to be honest. I loved the mix of the turquoise and pink too!



9. Change Of Heart
Another new song from the new album and it's sO GOOD. Go and listen to it on YouTube right now. 


10. She's American
New song again, I'm so glad they played some new stuff on this tour because I honestly don't think I could have waited till next February to hear new music.
Go listen to it.

11. Me
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the set during this, as I was too busy trying not to cry my eyes out to be honest. This song is EVERYTHING to me and my all time favourite The 1975 song.


12. fallingforyou
Another one of my favourite songs to be honest, it's a wonderful, wonderful song. I'm getting goosebumps just listening to it. In my opinion, a great choice for your first dance/wedding song?
*(hint hint Blake)*



13. Somebody Else
I think this was the set during this song? Anyway, another song from the album and I love it! Maybe one of my favourite out of all the new songs they played? 



14. Robbers
Potentially one of everyone's favourite songs of theirs I think. It's also virtually impossible to not sing along to it, but that might just be me.



15. Girls
I kid you not, everyone went ballistic when this came on which is understandable as it's an utterly INCREDIBLE song.


16. Medicine
In my opinion, this is the most underrated song of all theirs. It's one of my all time favourite songs and I am indescribably happy they performed it, along with Me, this song means so so much to me.


17. Chocolate
Who doesn't love this song to be honest? It's where it all started and the song makes me so so happy.

18. Sex
It was literally impossible to get a decent picture as everyone went absolutely mental, which is again, understandable.
My favourite thing about this is the fact Matt ALWAYS says 'let's have some sex' before performing it, I just love him.

*****

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!
This was hands down one of the best nights of my life and I'm so unbelievably glad I went.
This band means so so much to me, they're the first band me and Blake saw together and we'll continue to go and see them forevermore. 
(provided we get tickets)

PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM HERE

*****

Thank you for reading and I'll see you again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment